Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format. Please use JECER article template (dowload it to your own computer).
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Manuscript submitted for peer-review is be anonymized carefully. Cf. Instructions for writers.
- The submission should contain three documents: A) the anonymized manuscript and B) cover page containing detailed author information, and C) a cover letter containing author information along with any other identifying information removed from the manuscript.
- Submissions intended for non-peer reviewed articles should contain A) Article manuscript (with author information), B) title page, and C) cover letter.
All manuscripts submitted for JECER must be original. Please note that articles or significant parts of them are unpublished, and you may not submit manuscripts to other journals.
The length of the articles written in English should normally be a maximum of 7000 words, excluding references. The abstract at the start of each article should not exceed 200 words. The article should be prepared in accordance with the journal’s general guidelines, using the article template designed for JECER. Reference style and the reference list follow APA format (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th Edition, http://www.apastyle.org/). Editors evaluate each submitted manuscript in terms of its scientific quality, and they decide on whether to send the manuscript for peer review. Two independent reviewers will assess the submitted article based on its scientific merits and readability.
Non-peer reviewed writings
We also publish scientific writings, which can be theoretical or meta-theoretical in nature or can discuss research methodology. The writings can also be reviews, critical commentaries, or position statements, e.g., with regard to previously published scientific articles or research. In addition, the journal welcomes examinations related to societal issues or educational policy in ECE, along with discussions and book reviews. The main objective of these writings is to advance scientific discussion on current thematic, conceptual, and methodological issues and questions in ECE and early childhood education science, as well as on emerging and potential future themes. The maximum length of these writings should be 5000 words. The submitted manuscript will not undergo peer review; the evaluation and editing of the manuscript is completed by the editors of JECER. There is no need to anonymize these writings. The scientific writings should follow JECER’s general instructions for writers, and the manuscript should be laid out in the JECER template. Reference style and the reference list follow APA format (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th Edition, http://www.apastyle.org/).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.