Approaching Religion is an academic open access journal published by the Donner Institute for Research in Religious and Cultural History in Åbo, Finland. Its purpose is to publish current research on religion and to offer a platform for scholarly co-operation and debate within the field. The journal only publishes thematic issues.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor has it been submitted to another publisher for consideration.
- The text adheres to the Author Guidelines as stated on this website.
- The Author has read the Copyright Notice as displayed on the journal website and agrees to the conditions.
- The Author has cleared the copyright for any images, illustrations, graphs or tables included the submission.
- The text does not exceed the standard word limit of 8000 words (including references).
- The submission file format is either .doc, .docx, or .rtf.
- An abstract of 150-200 words has been added to the metadata.
- A short Author Presentation (150 -200 words) has been added as a separate file.
- All authors are strongly recommended to use their Open Researcher and Contributor Identifier (ORCID) or register an account.
- All URLs (web addresses) are checked and marked with a date of last access.
- Where available, DOI-signifiers have been provided for works cited.
- All author identification information has been removed from the submission file(s), and from the document’s properties. No versions of the paper are available online. (Any risk of breach of the blind review should be avoided.)
- The author remains responsible for proofreading incl. citation accuracy and for all statements of fact or opinion.
- The research meets guidelines on publication ethics and malpractice in the research field.
The license of the published articles is Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4) as currently displayed at: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
The license of the published metadata is Creative Commons CCO 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) as currently displayed at: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
The images, illustrations, graphs and tables published in the journal are not included in the license. The images are subject to the original copyright licences. The license for using the metadata of published articles is CC 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies and the journal are joint controllers. Their respective responsibilities are described in the document.