Nordisk judaistik/Scandinavian Jewish Studies aims at promoting Jewish studies in Scandinavia by publishing scholarly articles, surveys and documents, by reviewing recent literature, and compiling bibliographies. The journal is multidisciplinary and welcomes articles from a vast range of research fields within which Jewish themes are analysed.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The Author has read the Copyright Notice as displayed on the journal website and agrees to the conditions.
- The Author has cleared the copyright for any images, illustrations, graphs or tables included the submission.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- The text does not exceed the standard word limit of 8,000 words (including references); 1,000 words for a book review.
- An abstract of 150-200 words has been added to the metadata (for a book review: enter bibliographic data of the book reviewed).
- For articles: a short Author Presentation (150 -200 words) has been added as a separate file.
- All authors are strongly recommended to use their Open Researcher and Contributor Identifier (ORCID) or register an account.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Where available, DOI-signifiers have been provided for works cited.
- For articles: All author identification information has been removed from the submission file(s), and from the document’s properties. No versions of the paper are available online. (Any risk of breach of the blind review should be avoided.)
- The author remains responsible for proofreading incl. citation accuracy and for all statements of fact or opinion.
- The research meets guidelines on publication ethics and malpractice in the research field.
The license of the published articles is Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4) as currently displayed at: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
The license of the published metadata is Creative Commons CCO 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) as currently displayed at: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
The images, illustrations, graphs and tables published in the journal are not included in the license. The images are subject to the original copyright licences. The license for using the metadata of published articles is CC 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies and the journal are joint controllers. Their respective responsibilities are described in the document.