Research in Arts and Education is an international double-blind peer-reviewed journal. Thematic scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to, the questions of art & design practice and production, criticism, pedagogy, curriculum and instruction. The journal welcomes all arts disciplines: visual arts, music, dance and other performative arts, their theories, practices and education.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word file format.
- Where available, DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, including APA 7 reference style.
- In-text references match with the reference list and vice versa.
- If using an automatic citation tool, please convert citations to static text.
LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PUBLISHI
1. The Contribution text will be made Open Access under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License, which permits use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the Contribution is properly cited.
The Creative Commons license does not apply to artwork or other images.
The journal articles may be cited if the Author, the Article name, Research in Arts and Education with Issue Number and URL for the citation reference have been provided.
2. For an understanding of what is meant by the terms of the Creative Commons License, please see Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0
3. Aalto may (but is not obliged to) require changes to the Contribution, including changes to the length of the Contribution, and/or elect not to publish the Contribution if, for any reason, such publication would be inconsistent with good scientific practice as described in ‘Responsible conduct of research and procedures for handling allegations of misconduct in Finland’, published by the Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity, would result in legal liability or violation of Aalto’s Code of Conduct Code of Conduct | Aalto University. If Aalto decides n
B. RETAINED RIGHTS
The Contributor(s) retain their ownership of copyright and all other intellectual property rights, such as design or trademark rights.
C. LICENSE FOR WORKS
If the Contribution includes artwork, photographs
4. Aalto will store audio and audiovisual files in Aalto Media Repository from the beginning of 2022. The journal will archive all multimedia materials for the journal starting in 2022.
E. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Aalto and the Contributor agree that all copies of the Contribution, or parts of it, will include the notice of copyright and a full citation to the final published version of the Contribution in the Journal as published by Aalto.
F. CONTRIBUTOR'S REPRESENTATIONS
The Contributor represents that:
(i) the Contributor and all co-Contributors have the full power to enter into this Agreement, to grant the rights and license granted herein and to perform the obligations of this agreement;
ii) neither the Contributor nor any co-Contributor has granted exclusive rights to, or transferred ownership of their copyright in, any version of the Contribution to any third party;
(iii) the Contribution is the Contributor’s original work, all individuals identified as Contributors actually contribu
(iv) if the Contribution was prepared jointly, the Contributor has informed the co-Contributors of the terms of this Agreement and has obtained their permission to execute this Agreement on their behalf as their agent;
(v) the Contribution text is submitted only to this Journal and has not been published before, has not been included in another manuscript, and is not currently under consideration or accepted for publication elsewhere;
(vi) if excerpts from copyrighted works owned by third parties are included, the Contributor shall obtain written permission from the copyright owners if use is not permitted as a citation under Copyright Act;
(vii) the Contribution and any submitted Supporting Information contain no libellous or unlawful statements, do not infringe upon the rights or the privacy of others, do not breach any confidentiality obligation, do not violate a contract or any law, or do not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury, and only utilize data that has been obtained in accordance with applicable legal requirements and policies; and
(viii) there are no conflicts of interest relating to the Contribution, except as disclosed.
Accordingly, the Contributor represents that the following information shall be clearly identified on the title page of the Contribution: (1) all financial and material support for the research and work; (2) any financial interests the Contributor or any co-Contributors may have in companies or other entities that have an interest in the information in the Contribution or any submitted Supporting Information (e.g., grants, advisory boards, employment, consultancies, contracts, honoraria, royalties, expert testimony, partnerships, or stock ownership).
G. USE OF INFORMATION
The Contributor acknowledges that Aalto may process the Contributor’s personal data, including storing or transferring data outside of the country of the Contributor’s residence, to process transactions related to this Agreement and to communicate with the Contributor. By entering into this Agreement, the Contributor confirms that the Contributor has informed all other contributors of the processing of their personal data. For more information, see Research in Arts and Education Privacy Statement.
of Research in Arts and Education
The names and email addresses entered in the Research in Arts and Education journal site will be used exclusively for this journal's stated purposes and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The contact person for matters concerning the use of personal data in this journal is the chief editor of Research in Arts and Education Juuso Tervo, email@example.com.
The data protection officer of Aalto University is Anni Tuomela, firstname.lastname@example.org.