Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not previously been published and is not under consideration for publication by another journal.
- The submission has a northern dimension (e.g. is about a plant that grows in Nordic countries) and is related to primary production (e.g. milk quality is affected by fodder quality).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word compatible or RTF format.
- The text uses 1.5 line spacing and a 12-point font, and all figures and tables appear within the text at the appropriate points.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which appears in For authors.
- Language has been checked.
- The names and contact details of four to six potential, unbiased international reviewers, have been added as Comments to the Editor.
- A short description (3–5 sentences) of how your manuscript is connected to northern agriculture has been added as comments to the editor. If this item is missing, the manuscript will be rejected without any evaluation.
Authors who publish with Agricultural and Food Science agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Any part of the Agricultural and Food Science may be referred to assuming the Author, The Article, Publication with Volume and Number plus URL for the references have been provided.
- Authors are encouraged to share their accepted articles in ResearchGate and social media.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies and the journal are joint controllers. Their respective responsibilities are described in the document.